Until recently, the oral anatomy has been treated as a separate entity disconnected from the rest of the body. Most dentists specialize in dental treatments, but they don’t always consider the impact of their treatments on the patient’s overall health and well-being. Holistic dentistry in Beverly Hills considers the patient’s overall health and wellness — not just oral health. Dr. Rajpal adheres to the principles of holistic dentistry in her dental treatments, ensuring optimally safe and reliable treatments for her patients.
What is Holistic Dentistry?
Holistic dentistry is a type of dentistry that considers the patient’s overall health and wellness during dental treatments. Instead of simply addressing dental issues, holistic dentistry considers how various dental techniques and materials impact the rest of the body, including the patient’s cardiovascular health, immunity, cognitive health, and more. As such, holistic dentistry is an ethical form of dentistry that focuses on improving overall health and wellness through safe and biocompatible dental solutions.
Basic Principles of Holistic Dentistry
- Nutrition: Holistic dentistry aims to help patients improve nutritional habits to prevent or reverse degenerative dental diseases, such as gum disease and periodontitis.
- Fitness/ Lifestyle: Holistic dentistry emphasizes the importance of fitness and a healthy lifestyle to reduce the risk of gum infections and maintain optimal body functions.
- Materials: Holistic dentistry cautions against using metallic and potentially toxic materials for dental treatments, such as metallic fillings and amalgam fillings with mercury.
- Bite Problems: Holistic dentistry in Beverly Hills emphasizes the importance of restoring optimal dental alignment to prevent dental fractures, gum problems, and physical imbalances.
- Gingival Health: Holistic dentistry emphasizes the importance of maintaining optimal gingival health because periodontitis (gum disease) is linked to numerous systemic health problems.
Holistic Dentistry Promotes Overall Wellbeing
For the longest time, dentists have assumed that oral health is a passive component of general health. But that’s simply not true. Healthy teeth and strong oral anatomy allow you to speak and eat comfortably, but they’re also inextricably linked to overall health and wellness. Your oral health is intrinsically connected to your cognitive health, cardiac health, and respiratory health. That’s why gum disease and periodontitis can lead to heart disease, diabetes, strokes, cancer, and other problems.
Furthermore, recent studies have also shown that amalgam (silver) fillings increase the risk of dental fractures, allergic reactions, and other oral health symptoms. And since amalgam fillings contain mercury, they also increase the risk of symptoms arising from mercury exposure. Holistic dentistry understands that oral anatomy is linked to overall well being, so it’s more careful with dental treatments and materials. Holistic dentistry emphasizes the importance of metal-free dentistry and oral hygiene to minimize the risk of systemic problems.
Your holistic dentistry in Beverly Hills only provides metal-free fillings with composite material and focuses on your overall health and nutrition. If you have old amalgam (silver) fillings, she may also recommend replacing them with tooth-colored composite fillings, which offer the following benefits:
- Reduce the risk of dental fractures
- Minimize exposure to mercury
- Improve the identification of oral problems
- Prevent systemic health complications caused by mercury
Schedule a Consultation
Beverly Hills Dental Arts is a premier dental practice specializing in holistic dentistry practices in Beverly Hills. Dr. Rajpal is a world-renowned cosmetic and general dentist specializing in smile makeovers, cosmetic dentistry, and other dental procedures using the principles of holistic dentistry. Dr. Rajpal only offers metal-free and BPA-free fillings and curates personalized treatment plans after assessing their impacts on the patient’s overall wellbeing. Please schedule a consultation with Dr. Rajpal to learn more about holistic dentistry.
465 N. Roxbury Dr, Suite 701
Beverly Hills CA 90210